Sunday, June 21, 2020

Letters to Mike 7


 December 27, 1967 Letter to Mike’s parents

Hi,

It was good to hear from you on Christmas. Thanks so much for the thought.

Everything here is fine, considering the situation We had a welcome 24 hour truce but we were right back in it as soon as it was over – it was nice while it lasted.

There had been talk – even promises – that we would go to see Bob Hope when he hit Cu Chi, but that’s all off now – we’ll be out after the VC or somebody on the day he comes (tomorrow). It’s really a big let down.

I’ve been writing to Mike every once in a while. It sounds like he’s having quite a decent tour. Wish I was there with him. I’m glad he didn’t get sent over here.

When you see him at the wedding, give him - no, give THEM – my best wishes and sorry I can’t be there. Be sure to have him write and tell me about it. I have a little surprise for him, but I’ll have to know when he gets married before I can send it.

Thanks again for the thought at Christmas and here’s hoping that next Christmas both Mike and I can be home.

As Always,

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment